Young Pens, Bright Minds
Two young poets, two distinctive voices, and a world of imagination captured in words.
शारदाम्भोजवदना- The Goddess of Intellect
I bow to the one ,
who bears an ever
smiling lotus face.
I bow to the ultimate bestower
of everything.
She is the one who
at will can flow in creativity
and give intellect to anyone.
I bow to the one
who is always holding a Veena
in her hand and
forever dressed in serene white.
I bow to her
who can even make a
non believer wonder
over the existence of her divinity.
I bow to one present
in the very essence of life itself.
I bow to the one
I bow to the one
May I finally request her
To reside in me?
- POEM BY AARAV SHARMA, 12 E
A Little Distracted
Only
if I could get every thought of mine
wrapped with all emotions I feel inside
penned on a paper or captured in a picture.
I wish I could write better!
more freely, more obsessively.
I wish I wrote
the way words were tangled to my vocabulary,
but every time I pick that pen
all my sentiments disappear,
as if they were never here.
So I decide to change my setting.
I go outdoors in the morning sun,
amidst nature, I hope to write.
But I get too distracted
by how that blue butterfly compliments the bougainvilleas!
I then ask those purple beauties,
"Oh dear,
how do you survive through every season,
through scorching heat and winter's freezing?
Do you not ever stop and wonder,
why you keep going, despite the thunder?"
I sit at night again to write,
to pen down every little emotion in sight.
I hitherto believed the night was mine
with all my thoughts and motley feelings entwined.
So I go in my balcony and sit under the majestic moon.
But oh I get too distracted by its irony!
So I ask her,
"Oh dear moon,
how do you keep in yourself everyone's agony?
and yet appear so serene.
Because of all that you have seen,
their darkest of sins,
their littlest of insecurities,
and their most vulnerable flashes.
Oh dear darling,
do you too vent behind those ashen clouds that are stalling?"
Oh I am lost!
Again!
I gather all my thoughts and try
once again.
Again.
Again.
But c'est la vie,
I realise.
You keep trying
when every little thing
in this colossal world
tries its best to trouble you.
So I decide
to try again,
for perhaps these distractions
are where my words begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment